Monday, March 5, 2012

I hate being sick




For several days I knew I was catching a bug and I tried to keep it at bay and I think it caught up with me. I have that sneezing achy feeling and my nose runs and it burns.
Yesterday I stayed in bed most of the day and tried to sleep drink lots of tea ..I put my honey lemon cough drops right in the tea and let if dissolve.
         
 Today I ready feel awful ..I need to get better as the grant- granddaughters have come for weeks visit from New York.. I would like to spend time with them but don't want to sent then home with a cold.
    So in the meantime a good hot bath and crawling back into be to keep warm and dry and sleep some of it off. I will have my little teapot close by.



      Please visit our hostess Miss Sally http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/
 to see this Mondays's other blue showing

 Wishing all a great week.. Please say a prayer for those who have lost so much in the violent tornadoes in the south and mid west

13 comments:

  1. Hi Elaine!Sorry to hear your catching something.The best you can do is sleep and drink lots of water tea etc.If you would get a fever,I would check the Dr. and see what he has to say.Love your banner its so pretty.

    Blessings!Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better soon, Elaine. I have found that the hot Theraflu taken faithfully as directed is the best thing I have ever used and gets me easily through a cold. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well.

    And, I feel worse for the victims of those tornadoes.

    Happy Blue Monday, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a wonder you felt like doing this post. You did an excellent job on sharing how you feel. Trust you get better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pray you are feeling your best very soon! Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bummer that you're feeling so blue ... but it's amazing how a dose of 'Blue Monday' cheers you up!!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    Red Nomad OZ
    Amazing Australian Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor thing! Have you tried zinc lozenges? Our family has found them to really speed up the recovery time of our colds. You can find them at drugstores or Walmart. I hope you feel better fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending along wishes for a speedy recovery for you, Elaine!

      Delete
  8. No fun when you are sick at all:( Get well soon:)

    Visiting for Blue Monday-hope you can stop by:)

    http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/03/celebrating-the-birth-of-our-little-guy.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elaine,
    Hope you are feeling better. I love your blog header. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you're feeling better and getting in some time with the "greats" while they're visiting!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling much better by now. Take care ! Love, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. This silly weather makes us so vulnerable to colds and such! Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete