Saturday, August 27, 2011

People's Princess

My pink for this Saturday is dedicated To Princess Diana who left us 14  years ago this month. She was a role model for us all and her life ended way to soon. I believe she would have done so much more had her life not been ended so sadly. Diana was always a style setter and we watched to see what she would wear.   Below are some pictures of her in some beautiful pink clothing



The princess was know for her charity work and her love of children and their causes.
During her final year, Diana lent highly visible support to the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, a campaign that went on to win the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997 after her death.


 


 Despite all the social glitter Diana logged thousands of miles a year in support of causes, even traveling to dangerous locales in Bosnia.


Diana chose issues different from her husband's. She used her celebrity to focus attention on AIDS. breast cancer, drug addictions and the carnage wrought by land mines.






 


Diana said in an interview  " Nothing gives me more happiness than to try to aid the most vulnerable of this society. Whoever is in distress who calls me ..I will come running.


 She became the Queen of our hearts.






A giving soul and boundless compassion turned Diana's devotion to causes into a lasting legacy.


    

5 comments:

  1. I loved Princess Diana. I was a teenager when she came on the scene and thought she was so wonderful. Like so many people, I got up at the break of day to see her wedding. I was crushed when she died. I will always remember the disappointment of hearing it and the pictures of the crash scene and of her funeral. I thought she was a kind person and a great mother who still had so much to give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous she was and a role model alright, she's so missed, I do, every time I see pics of her I miss her, specially now that her son got married! Thanks for this lovely post of the princess with so many lovely pink cloths! Have a happy Pink Sat. and a safe weekend. FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice tribute to Princess Diana with her gorgeous Pink Wardrobe! Thanks for sharing so many photos....her style is classic and her smile enduring. Thanks also for stopping by CITexas Gal for Pink Saturday. I hope yours has been a Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this wonderful tribute on Princess Diana. I loved her and was so saddened a her loss. These are all gorgeous photos of her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy day after Pink Saturday Elaine, What a great tribute to Princess Diana. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete