Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas is almost here





Merry Christmas to all the friends I have made this year and looking forward to seeing more inspiring blogs and ideas in the new year to come. I hear we will probably not have a white Christmas this year, the first time in many years. Then there are you who have been getting so much snow from the blizzard in the Plain States. I hope you are safe and warm.  This is a busy time of year at the airports and on the roads. So lets all pray that our travelers reach their destination safely.
  A have added a few pictures for red and white Wednesday and below those a poem for all my women friends..


       This is the light house and pier In Grand Haven, Mi.only several miles from where I am.

 I have several friends who rides their bicycle all the time...mainly from wrong choices years ago. and no license to drive yet. I am thankful that friends give them rides in this kind of weather.  Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday filled with laughter,
family and friends .  God bless .


       

   I have some baking yet to do..cookies that I will give away as gifts. Found some pretty ones to try..





 'Merry Christmas To My Female Friends
 


                 

                                                                                                          
If I were ol' Santa, you know what I'd do
I'd dump silly gifts that are given to you                                             
And deliver some things just inside your front door
Things you have lost, but treasured before.
I'd give you back all your maidenly vigor,
And to go along with it, a neat tiny figure.
Then restore the old color that once graced your hair
Before rinses and bleaches took residence there.

I'd bring back the shape with which you were gifted
So things now suspended need not be uplifted.
I'd draw in your tummy and smooth down your back
Till you'd be a dream in those tight fitting slacks.

I'd remove all your wrinkles and leave only one chin
So you wouldn't spend hours rubbing grease on your skin
You'd never have flashes or queer dizzy spells
And you wouldn't hear noises like ringing of bells.
                                                                                                         
No sore aching feet and no corns on your toes
No searching for spectacles when they're right on your nose.
Not a shot would you take in your arm, hip or fanny
From a doctor who thinks you're a nervous old granny.

You'd never have a headache, so no pills would you take.
And no heating pad needed since your muscles won't ache.
Yes, if I were Santa, you'd never look stupid
You'd be a cute little chick with the romance of a cupid.

I'd give a lift to your heart when those wolves start to whistle
And the joys of your heart would be light as a thistle.
But alas! I'm not Santa.I'm simply just me
The matronest of matrons you ever did see.
                                                                                          
I wish I could tell you all the symptoms I've got
But I'm due at my doctor's for an estrogen shot.
Even though we've grown older this wish is sincere
Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year.


7 comments:

  1. Dear Elaine,
    Wishing you the Merriest Christmas ever--and thank you so much for your amazing inspiration throughout the year!!!
    Big ((((hugs)))) from me,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful holiday post. I am glad we are not having snow. It is pretty and seems appropriate for Christmas, but I can do without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and yours also.
    It sounds like we could get snow for Christmas.
    I was hoping not since my gd has to drive from OK.
    I really pray that she has a safe trip.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Elaine. Thank you for sharing your poem. I had to chuckle as I read it. I thought maybe we might get a white Christmas, but what snow we had has melted today. We started off Monday with rain, Tuesday turning to sleet and snow, and today black ice on the roads. We will pray for those traveling to be with love ones. Have a wonderful Christmas. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That snow-bound bicycle looks so forlorn!
    RED HAT

    Red hat, I am lonesome.
    Red hat, are you free?
    Red hat, please consider
    Coming home with me.

    I need a companion,
    One who’ll warm my head;
    I think you’ll do nicely,
    Hat of brilliant red.

    You’re the warmest color,
    Not like blue or green—
    Red hat at the vendor’s,
    Red hat, you’re my queen.


    © 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Artisan in Red

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looked up your weather report and it shows a chance of snow or precipitation over the next several days but probably wouldn't be enough to give you a white Christmas. Maybe sleet. :/ Folks will still get on the roads and in the skies no matter the weather. No rushing around here. No presents. I will take the kids out to get the few things they need. They already have everything they could want. will make sugar cookies with Zack. Maybe some salt dough ornaments too. Simple things. Have fun baking. Happy holidays. Love, T

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the poem! Just what I needed to get me through the day! Merry Christmas! I also loved the photos in this post!

    ReplyDelete