Friday, October 22, 2010

October is our pink month

With October coming to and end.. lets not forget that this month is breast cancer awareness month. .
For the past several years a resident of our village has put this display on their front lawn and on the house. I don't know anything about them...maybe someone in their home has or had cancer. You can't help but receive their massage as they live on the main road into our village.
My granddaughter mentioned just today that she thought it was a "cool display"



This next picture I took this week when we visited a fruit market. The ribbon is displayed close to the corn maze that the market has.. Later next week I will tell of our trip there.
I mentioned in an earlier blog that I have two girl friends with breast cancer. I am concerned about the one as she has what they call triple negative type and is at stage#3. It basically means the type of cancer she has does not respond to chemo well and it is very aggressive. This coming week I take her for her first treatment. We need to say some prayers for her.

Please remember to visit our hostess Ms Beverly at http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/ She will show you the way to the other pinkies taking part this week.


Before closing I wanted to show you this sweet bracelet I found for breast cancer on the Internet and it can be purchased from rocknbauble.com


Encourage your friends to get a breast examine. It could save their life

13 comments:

  1. Great displays for such a wonderful cause. Pretty bracelet too! Happy Pink Saturday Elaine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was very inspiring Elaine! You are a great friend for taking her to treatments, my mom took her dad and I know it was hard. I will send up a prayer for her and for any woman facing breast cancer. I will also send up a prayer for the woman who are scared to get checked still and hope that they are given the courage to get screenings before it is too late. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for your friends said. Wishing them the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful displays! Hope you're having a lovely Pink Saturday weekend. ~ Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend Teresa is undergoing her surgery this Tuesday. We should all pray for all those dealing with this tragic cancer. Thank you Elaine, your post made me smile. I appreciate knowing you and our kindnesses. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elaine, Happy PINK Saturday! I'm so sorry your friends are going through this. I will say a prayer for them right now! Have a great weekend, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post!

    Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prayers already said for your sweet friend.

    Happy PS!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pictures and those flamingo's! sandie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those a are wonderful displays for cancer awareness month. I have not seen that done around here, but I really like the idea. May te good bless and keep your friends. Blessing to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post! Awesome display and I'm sure there is a story with it! One of the most moving experiences I had was participating in a couple of 5k for breast cancer awareness - the survivors all march to the start line - it is so emotional! Heres to a cure for all!
    thanks for sharing your post.
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  12. A WONDERFUL DISPLAY FOR ALL WHO HAVE OR HAVE HAD BREAST CANCER. AS YOU KNOW ELAINE, ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS HAD A DOUBLE MASCTOMY AND RIGHT NOW IS CANCER FREE. SHE IS HAVING RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY NOV. 1ST.
    I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR EVERYONE AS I DO EVERY DAY.
    LOVE KKAY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pink ribbon displays. Glad I was finally able to get by or I might have missed them. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete