Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I came upon a dragon

My daughter Gwen and I took a walk last year and passed this house with a dragon in the
front yard....yes.... you read me correct.   I didn't have my camera with me at the time . ..for weeks  I tried to find it again but couldn't..I thought they took it away.  But this year while going to a garage sale I found it again and I had my camera.

              Dragons are legendary creatures

           
                Dragons were perceived as powerful, protective, and fearsome, and they were valued for their warlike qualities. They were often protectors of a treasure, and from this they can be symbolic of a most valiant defender. They were also sometimes terrorizers of the people, symbols of satanic evil. One of the highest achievements of a hero in medieval legend was the slaying of a dragon, as in the story of St. George, where the victory over the dragon, was a symbolic victory of Christianity. Thus the dragon as a heraldic charge may signify the faith, strength and selfless courage needed to battle the overwhelmingly powerful.
                  
                I was in awe when I seen it.  I wonder who lives lives..and why the dragon?

5 comments:

  1. Interesting - can you knock at their door and ask them? Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat dragon. My neice would love him too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dragons and all symboligy of them....what a beautiful creation! Magical! I imagine the people who live there...are those wiht a bit of magic in their soul! maybe he is thier house guardian!
    Any road..the dragon is super charming!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandson would love this.He has a love of dragons since he was small.
    Thanks for sharing.
    have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so remarkable! I found a house one time that had elephants in the front yard! I haven't found it again but I think I remember the vicinity. I would love to have this in my yard!

    ReplyDelete