Monday, February 13, 2012

Blue Mosaic Valentine Hello

It's time to visit all the blogger's who do Blue and Mosaic Monday posts.. I'm anxious to see what is being shown this week. Come and join me and say hello to Beverly and Mary


http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ and with http://dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/




Has anyone seen blue roses at the store for Valentine's day? I don't believe I have..I'm sure they are a special order. Since they do not exist in nature as roses lack the specific gene that has the ability to produce a "true blue" color, blue roses are traditionally created by dyeing white roses. Yellow was the color of roses by late husband always gave me. Today I talked to a friend's daughter who works at a floral shop and she said long stem roses were $70 a dozen.. Wow !



These really make a pretty bouquet








Here is a couple of blues from the town I live in.

The blue sign welcomes visitors to our village





This next picture is one taken this summer at a wedding here in town.. What a festive picture with the umbrellas





This is a picture of my grandson that stayed with me the last few months.
He is in the Navy reserves and one of my favorite valentines sweeties.




This was his Halloween costume one year.. I cropped him and put this neat background behind him. Doesn't he look like Hank Williams Jr?

Wishes everyone a great week and hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day.


12 comments:

  1. Elaine,
    Love your blue Monday Mosaic! Love the blue Valentine mosaic.Happy Valentines Day! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed all of your lovely blues and the blue Valentine's ... including roses!! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice collection of Valentine Blues! That grandson is a looker.

    Happy Blue Monday, Elaine. Be sure to check out my book giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and enjoyable blue presentation. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elaine,
    I've never seen blue roses before. They are gorgeous. I LOVE the summer wedding picture. Nel is getting married in the Fall, and this picture was a reminder of that. What a great idea with the umbrellas, and they are all so colorful. I loved this post Elaine. Happy Blue Valentines Day to you too.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your pretty blue choices. The blue roses are really pretty. I've never seen blue roses, so thanks for sharing these. The wedding party all look gorgeous in blue. What a fun photo. Great post. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!

    Please come and see my BLUE Adventure entry. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty blues for today! The wedding looks like it was a lot of fun - love the umbrellas!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful blue pictures, thank you for sharing :-) Hope that you had a wonderful day of hearts. Visiting from Blue Monday, hope that you can return the visit too.

    http://www.kandhistools.com/my-blue-septic-tank-treatment/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw...what a terrific picture! Handsome grandson! You are such a delight Elaine! I am glad I am here tonight.

    ReplyDelete