Friday, September 16, 2011

Fall pink greetings

 It's time to say goodbye to my pink flowers. The weather is getting colder and soon what flowers I have will succumb to the frost that is sure to come.. 
                                             I still have some geraniums 



                        
                     and a hydrangea plant I started in this pot. A big flower for such   a small starter plant




 There is still some phlox left. This picture I took as it was getting dusk
           and the black behind it is the solar panel.



                  It is time for me buy some mum plants and of course there will be pink ones.


                 
    Labor Day brings the end of summer for us and the days start growing shorter and there is a cold nip in the air.   Soon tress will be ablaze with the colors of red, orange, yellow and brown. I need to take time for walks and enjoy what beauty mother nature has yet to offer. 




                                                          A fallen leaf is nothing more
                                                         than a summers wave good bye


                         Be sure to visit our hostess beverly for this weeks list of pinks.
           http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/


                    Enjoy the weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I did not know that they are called phlox too.

    Delightful photos!

    My Share of Pink, have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Elaine but I know your thoughts are elsewhere. Pray that all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elaine, nice to meet you here in blog land. I get excited when I meet a fellow Michiganian or Michigander? I wish we had a bit more warmer days some of my flowers has buds ready to bloom. But we are here in Michigan what we expect? ^_^ Thanks for the visit I do appreciate it. ^_^

    Pink or Peach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tata beautiful pink flowers - see you again next Spring!

    ReplyDelete