Wednesday, July 21, 2010

White Wednesday

This is something I have never seen in my lawn before. Last evening they were a few inches tall and had no top. ( Wish I had taken a picture of them then) Today when I ventured out to the clothes line I saw these large mushrooms They grew humongous over night.  The underside has what looks like gills. Does anyone know what these are?


My friend Bill and I had never seen one so large ,especially in the lawn. They were growing in a sunny location and I have very sandy soil.  CLICK ON PICTURE FOR LARGER VIEW
  Bill put his hand on the one so you can get an idea of the size.


I have no idea what kind they are..We wondered if they were eatable...not that we were going to try them.  They would have made a feast for someone.

Hope your day is filled with sunshine and laughter.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what they are called by we have been having them in our yard this year too.
    They are just huge here too.
    Have a great Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen them in my yard before. Not sure what they are called...I call them yard mushrooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are huge, I do not know the name and I would have had to google. Thank you for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have these never eat them as we don't know if it's safe

    ReplyDelete