Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sky Watch Friday

This is my first posting on Sky Watch.. I hope you like what I posted.

In the early spring here in Grand Haven they hold a kite festival and teams come from around the states and world to compete.


                       
                                            I love the parrot in this one and the round circle



As you can see it is held on the beach of Lake Michigan.   There is lots of room along the beach for many to fly kites and it last all weekend




In the background of this picture is the catwalk out to the pier and lighthouse


Visit other awesome sky pictures at 

15 comments:

  1. welcome to skywatch Elaine
    kites hold a string to our childhood years don't they
    love the red and black fish, matching the lighthouses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, colorful kites! Especially against the blue of the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach is the perfect place for kites. Someone had kites that looked like the bottom half of a person on the beach. I love the fish kites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful choice for Skywatch Elaine, - flying kites is great fun, and these are amazing.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love kites! The fish kites with the lighthouse in the background is my favorite :D

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you joined Sky Watch today. You will definitely see some of the most beautiful world wide sights ever. You did an excellent job on yours today. I love the bright, colorful kites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kites!! Oh my I like them so colorful and pretty!

    My Sunset

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to SWF. I'm only on my 2nd SWF myself! The kites is a nice touch to your sky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great submission for skywatch...I would have loved to have seen all those kites...that looks like so much fun! Happy weekend to you and welcome to Skywatch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great kites! I especially love the fish.

    Today is my first time here too - but your shot is waaaay more fun.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool kites! I loved flying them as a kid! Ah, the fun it was!

    ReplyDelete