Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A thrift store find

I made my rounds of the thrift stores yesterday and I came up with some nice items.




This fall arrangement in a basket cost me $1.99 What a deal




I have a thing about purses.. These were a bit different in colors but since they were $2.oo each I picked them up. The green one is a Ninewest and the large one in the back is a Tommy Bahama and th one in the middle is a homemade that I like because it has a lot of compartments.

I found this nice sweater with colorfull leaves for myself.

These two books looked interesting.. Maybe a read to my grandchildren

I found these nice bookends with children. I can use them as I have a lot of books.


A nice white metal tin. I also got a few more sweaters for winter. The weather has been nice lately so I am hoping there is some local garage sales this weekend. Hope all have a good day.

7 comments:

  1. ELAINE YOU REALLY HIT THE JACKPOT! I LOVE THOSE CHILDREN BOOKS AND BOOKENDS. BUT YOUR PURSE COLLECTION IS SO FUN! YOU REALLY GOT SOME TERRIFIC TREASURES/ THOSE SWEATERS WILL KEEP YOU NICE AND TOASTY WARM THIS WINTER. HUGS ANNE

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great finds! You found some wonderful treasures. Congrats on your beautiful great-granddaughter Elanie!! how wonderful!!

    Hugs,Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOME GREAT FINDS. YOU ALWAYS FIND SUCH NICE STUFF AT THRIFT STORES AND YARD SALES. I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET INTO YARD SALES ANYMORE. AROUND HERE THEY ASK AN ARM AND A LEG FOR EVERYTHING. AND I NEED BOTH OF MINE FOR WORK. HAHA!!!
    LOVE KAY

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great finds you came up with.
    I need to stop by our thrift store and see what is new. I have not had time lately to stop and check it out.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always make out like a bandit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did great - I am just getting into thrifting and I am loving it - I can't pay full price for anything any more. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. great finds esp. the basket. thanks for sharing rose

    ReplyDelete