Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Minnie junkin' find

                       
A  Minnie find ......literally


    My favorite  store had just gotten in a hug collection of Disney character's.   I remember so many Mickey and Minnie mouse cartoon .  I couldn't resist them.  They were $2.00 each and are good sized.  I bet you wonder what I'm going to do with them.   I was thinking Valentine's day when I bought them. I always put a display in my window and I thought this would be great for the day of love on February 14.. I put Minnie in a little chair and pinned Mickey up beside her..



This is a outside view of my window. The white dots are snow flakes           





       Are Mickey and Minnie married  ??   I leave you with this bit of info I found.





According to Walt Disney, Mickey and Minnie Mouse have never been married on screen. But, in 1933,during an interview with Film Pictorial, Walt said, "In private life, Mickey is married to Minnie... What it really amounts to is that Minnie is, for screen purposes, his leading lady." Two years later in 1935, he told Louise Morgan in the News Chronicle "There's no marriage in the land of make-believe. Mickey and Minnie must live happily ever after." The discussion of Mickey and Minnie's wedding has been fueled by the 1932 film Mickey's Nightmare in which Mickey falls asleep in the armchair instead of meeting Minnie at the local dance. Mickey dreams of being married to Minnie and is surrounded by numerous little Mickey mice. Then in 1935, a cover for for the sheet music "The Wedding Of Mister Mickey Mouse" shows a picture of a beaming Mickey, dressing in a tux, leading Minnie, dressed in a veil, from the church to the happy cheering of Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow.





Please visit our hostess  at  http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. What a fun display you made out of the Disney characters. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Your window display is such fun! Thanks for joining Junkin Finds Friday today! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whether they are married or not, Minnie and Mickey definitely go together. :) It's good that Molly, hubby and the kids can be a family again. Is his tour on this side of the world complete? Hope you have a great weekend. Love, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post: I love Minnie and Mickey too.

    ReplyDelete