Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas mail

One of the most important parts of Christmas is our mailbox. At this time of year it is where we find the Christmas cards and letters from those we have not heard from all year. It is also the place where we find holiday wishes from neighbors and loved ones near and far.

How would our children get their letters to Santa at the North Pole if we didn't have our loyal mailman, who comes in all kinds of weather, sun... rain ... snow and blizzards. We would have some very disappointed little ones.

I know postage has went up from days gone by.. Our grandparents remember the three cent letter and penny post cards.

Today it is 44 cents for a letter and 28 cent for a post card. I have started to make my own post cards and save a few pennies. As you all know many of us collect those delightful cards from long ago... Why not go back to something we enjoyed from another era?

Our friendly mailman delivers the packages with presents we have ordered off the Internet and from the many gift catalogs that come in the mail. So don't forget to wish your mail carrier a Merry Christmas and you might want to put a ribbon on your mailbox.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! I sent you a card weeks ago. I bet it hasn't even arrived yet. Maybe it'll get there in the New Year. HA! You just never know when it is coming from this side of the world. Have a great weekend. Love, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to visit my place today.I just love how you have decorated your place...love the music also....Happy Holidays please do stop by again......and I will come to visit you also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS YEAR I SENT OUT MOSTLY POST CARDS FROM LAST YEARS CHRISTMAS CARDS. I LOVED DOING THAT. SAVED ME MONEY AND HELPED TO RECYCLE. LOVE THE WAY YOU PRESENTED THIS BLOG.
    HAVE A BLESSED CHRISTMAS.
    LOVE KAY

    ReplyDelete